Introduction: Moms always love a gift from their children and the best gift to give is a home made gift filled with love. Mothers day is a good time to make the day special for your mom and have a fun relaxing day. In this activity we will be learning about flowers and labeling the parts of a flower.
- Colored construction paper.
- Glue or tape
- A photo of you and mom!
- Begin measuring the stem of the flower with a ruler and make it as big as you would like!
- Cut out the stem and label it on the back.
- Next trace your hands to create the petals
of the flower. Then cut out the petals and label them on the back.
- Cut a circle for the center of the flower and glue a picture of you and mom over the front of it!
- Once you have all your parts cut out glue them together to make a flower!
Continuing the activity:
- On the stem of the flower write Happy Mothers Day!
- On each of the petals write something you love to do with your mom.
Be ready for lots of hugs and kisses because mom is going to love your art work!
- Can you label the different parts of a flower?
- What are the 2 things flowers need to grow?
- Do you know what pollination is? What animals contribute to pollination?
- Do you know your moms favorite flower?
Check out some other cool mothers day ideas to try!